Games!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! If you're a real gamer, scroll down to the bottom of this page, then play until your eyes bleed and all your fingers ache! :-)
Wanna see where VideoGamerz Reborn got its start? Well, then, check out the original VideoGamerz!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Does anybody still care about Kinect?

Kinect has been far from unsuccessful, selling 18 million units in less than two years. It was revolutionary, and greatly increased the appeal of the aging Xbox 360. But there's one question that has to be answered: Does anybody still care about Kinect?

 Of course people do. I don't, though.

I admit, when I got it in 2010 I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But in 2012 I hardly ever use it.

I only have two Kinect games, and neither of them wowed me too much. Kinect Adventures was pretty boring, and Kinectimals was just annoying. Besides, the sensor is really squirrely. Often, it won't register where my hand is correctly.

I wish they'd kept the old Xbox Dashboard. I don't like the new, Kinect-oriented one. I always just use my controller.



Also, the method for pausing games is flawed. It takes way too long to do that thing where you hold one hand at an angle. By the time you paused it, you could have lost the game or died.

If it was maybe a little more accurate I might not be so hard on it. Like you could pinch your fingers to select something rather than just hovering over it and waiting.

It also doesn't really seem like there are a lot of good games being made for it. I can't really name more than two games I might consider buying for it.

Now, I don't want to come off as one of those guys who hates everything. I think the concept was a great one, but it sounded better on paper. I know there are many people that would disagree with me and argue that Kinect is the best thing ever. So let's humor them and list everything that's good about Kinect.

It did help drive up sales of the 360, which is good for Microsoft. It is also good that video games are changing from a fat guy holding a gamepad to the whole family playing together with innovative controls. Kinect ID is pretty neat too, since it can recognize you and sign you in. I also like that you can say "Xbox" and you can control the dashboard with your voice. That is actually pretty neat.

I like Kinect, and I know that if I didn't have it I'd want it, but it just doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be. But past the frustration, I've had some real fun with Kinect.

And don't get me started on PlayStation Move...


No comments:

Post a Comment